SHRIMP AND PEA PODS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE (GLUTEN FREE)
Features: Joyce Chen Fermented Black Beans, Joyce Chen Savory Ginger/Garlic Stir Fry Oil, Joyce Chen 100% Pure Roasted Sesame Oil
COOKING TIME: 3 – 4 minutes
SERVES: 4 – 6
1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound)
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon pale dry Sherry
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons Joyce Chen Ginger & Garlic Stir Fry Oil
1 tablespoon minced scallion
2 tablespoons Joyce Chen Fermented Black Beans (minced)
8 ounces pea pods with stems and strings removed, rinsed, and dried
- Small mixing bowl
- Knife and board for deveining shrimp
- 14-inch wok
- Bamboo spatula
- Serving platter and spoon
- Rinse and shell shrimp. Split the shrimp in half down the back, and lift out the black vein.
- Mix the shrimp with water, dry Sherry, cornstarch, and salt.
- Heat wok on medium high heat for a minute, and then add oil and heat.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, and turn constantly for about 1 minute until shrimp are pink.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, scallions, and fermented black beans to the same skillet. Stir several times over medium heat.
- Add the pea pods, and stir fry for an additional 2 – 3 minutes, or until pea pods turn dark green.
- Stir and serve immediately.