SIMPLE SPINACH STIR FRY
Features: Joyce Chen Savory Ginger & Garlic Stir Fry Oil
Serve on its own or with Joyce Chen Shanghai Slow Cooked Pork Roast.
Follow this recipe for other vegetables, including broccoli, kale, green
beans, and other leafy greens.
SERVES: 4 - 6
3 tablespoons Joyce Chen Ginger & Garlic Stir Fry Oil
2 bags spinach
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 14-inch wok
- Bamboo Spatula
- Serving platter with spoon or serving tongs
- Heat wok on medium high heat for a minute, and then add oil and heat.
- Add ¼ of spinach into hot oil, and stir fry (Note: There will be loud sizzling, and possibly splatter of hot oil.)
- When the spinach is wilted, add another ¼ portion and stir fry until wilted. Repeat stir fry with third ¼ portion and then last ¼ portion. (Adding all the spinach at once will overflow the wok, and make the dish very soupy.)
- Sprinkle sugar and salt, and continue to stir fry.
- Once the spinach is wilted and dark green, remove from heat and serve. Remove the spinach by pushing it up the sides of the wok, leaving the excess water.