DAN DAN SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
This easy peanut-based sauce may be served over cooled thin pasta or Chinese thin egg noodles, topped with par boiled fresh raw bean sprouts, fresh raw shredded cumber, and daikon/radish.
Features: Joyce Chen Sichuan Peppercorn, Joyce Chen Sesame Oil, Joyce Chen Gluten Free Soy Sauce
14-ounce can chicken broth
2 tablespoons Joyce Chen Sichuan peppercorn, wrapped in cheesecloth or tea infuser
1 tablespoon Joyce Chen Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 jar creamy peanut butter (spoon 1 tablespoon at a time)
1 tablespoon Joyce Chen Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes or Cayenne pepper powder (or to taste)
- Medium size saucepan
- Cheesecloth or tea infuser
- Large pot for cooking pasta
- Colander for draining pasta
- Serving bowl for peanut sauce
- Bowls or pasta bowl for individual serving
- Forks and or chopsticks
- Spoon or ladle for sauce
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with wrapped Sichuan peppercorn for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove Sichuan peppercorn.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Spoon in peanut butter one tablespoon at a time, and whisk to a thick syrup-like consistency. Add in enough peanut butter to achieve desired consistency. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Add sugar and hot pepper to taste. (Recommend stronger taste since the sauce will be served with pasta and the flavor will be diluted.)
- Add sesame oil and whisk.
- Cool and serve over your favorite noodles,
- Unused sauce should be stored covered in refrigerator.